Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What to EAT?!?


Getting fit and losing wieght at 40 can be a challenge. Years of bad eating habits are going to be overhauled in 90 days of doing P90X. My biggest concerns was what was I going to eat. During some of the workouts like Plyometrics and Kenpo X, you can expend as much as 600-800 calories. Your body needs the right type of fuel to maintain your energy through these workouts. P90X package provides a nutrition guide for you, with sample menus for the day, and portion guides. The recipes are OK. For more variety, I just started using the EAT SMART on TeamBeachBody.com to help me get some healthy recipes. During P90X, I ate smaller meal portions but throughout the day. I keep our fridge filled with healthy snacks for those quick moments you need some energy. There is more planning involved in shopping and preparing meals since it seems like your always eating. My suggestion is find healthy foods that you will eat and enjoy. Yes, I on occasion have a burger or pizza but I know the next day I will be pushing harder on my next work out.

Nelson Bermas - Independent Beachbody Coach - Lexington Leisure Center - Lexington SC
Getting Fit 40 Plus

related posts:
Healthiest Meal of the Day
Nutrition - Healthiest Shake
Drop that Pina Colada

No comments:

Post a Comment