Saturday, July 30, 2011

Review Beachbody® Jump Mat & Yoga Blocks



I just did Yoga X today with my new Beachbody® Jump Mat and Yoga Blocks. I did my first round of P90X without them. I substituted a basket ball, a shipping box, and stool at times for the yoga block. They worked but not as stable as a yoga block. I guess I was cheap and did not want to spend any more money until I saw some results. So now on the second round I splurged and bought the blocks and the mat. Before the Jump Mat, I used a towel or those jigsaw puzzle floor pads. The towel always shifted and never stayed in place. The section floor pads were easy on the knees but separated when you did yoga or slipped when doing suicide drills. The Jump Mat is 71"x 26" and 1/4" thick high density foam. It has a slip resistant bottom. I have used it on hardwood and linoleum floors and it stays in place fairly well. I use it for yoga, INSANITY® work outs and with hand weights to help protect the floors. It holds up very well and comfortable if you have to lie on the floor. I love it for the high impact exercises. Being 40 my knees are not as strong as before so the mat does make it is easy on my knees.
If you are on the fence of buying the Jump Mat from Beachbody®, I would recommend them for being sturdy and quality construction. The 1/4" padding is enough to make it comfortable when doing Ab Ripper X® and Yoga X®. The bottom grip is great for not shifting while working out. Overall a good all around mat that would make your workouts more effective.

The Yoga blocks helped a lot in my balance moves in Yoga X®. The blocks are firm foam so you can put weight on them and they won't collapse. The ones I received were blue but they have the purple ones displayed in the Beachbody® Store. I am sure you can always find a substitute to use a block but if you have the means go ahead and get it to help to get that extra stretch.

Nelson Bermas - LifeSmartNelson - Lexington Fit Club - Lexington Leisure Center - Lexington SC
Get Fit 40 Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment